St Rules pre-1902
By Mhairi Pyott
There has been a place of Christian worship on the site of St Rules Church for over 1400 years and most probably some form of worship before then.
The town developed around the church, which at one time was identified as `Kirkton of Monifieth`.
Posted in Famous buildings
Tagged Ardestie, Dighty, Durham, Eglismonichty, Fichem, Grange, Hungas, Maule, Panmure, Seaview, St. Andrew, St.Columba, St.Rule, Young
The golf course at Monifieth consisting of 117 acres, was acquired in 1899 at a cost of four thousand pounds, this sum being principally raised by means of a bazaar held in the Drill Hall, Dundee, on three concluding days in September of that year.
This is the romantic story of two old Communion Cups belonging to St. Rules Parish Church Monifieth.