PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE TWO VENUES FOR THE TALKS
ALL THE TALKS ARE FREE – donations welcome
They start on Wednesday 28th October 7 pm – 8 pm and each successive Wednesday until December 2nd
Each talk will last approximately 50 to 60 minutes with time for questions at the end.
The talks will take place mainly at Grange Primary School, Grange Road, Monifieth, DD5 4LU.
But the talks on Wednesday 28th October and the 11th November will be in Seaview Primary School, Victoria Road, Monifieth DD5 4HG
This is due to Parent’s evenings
For a map of the area click on the link or paste the link into your browser.
Wednesday 28th October – at Seaview Primary
1) The Romans in Tayside – why is the greatest concentration of Roman marching camps and watch towers in Britain to be found here in Tayside ?
Wednesday 4th November
2) Norman Angus – people and events in medieval Angus.
Wednesday 11th November – at Seaview Primary
3) Bruce, Baliol, Wallace and Comyn – winners and losers in the fight for the crown of Scotland.
Wednesday 18th November
4) Stuarts, Tudors and other disasters in late medieval Scotland.
Wednesday 25th November
5) Scotland in the Civil Wars.
Wednesday 2nd December
6) Transport Revolution in 19th century Angus.