Balmossie Bridge spans the eastern entrance to the grounds of Linlathen House. On the banks of the Dighty Burn stands a well known locally as the “CAULD WATER WELLIE” and “THE WISHING WELL”. Though originally it was called the “CAT CRAIG WELL” from the name of the rock above it. A stone at the site of the well is inscribed.
“Whosoever drinketh of the water shall thirst again T.E 1847”
Thomas Erskine had the stone erected on the supposed site of a medieval holy well.
The well today.